AxFlow have an exciting permanent, full-time opportunity for a qualified Pump Mechanical Fitter to join our friendly workshop team. This is a hands-on position, primarily involving the mechanical repair, maintenance and overhauling of all pumps and pumping equipment also site work will be expected. Support with overtime to suit the demand of the workshop will be expected.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, your responsibilities in supporting the section and workshop as required will include, but are not limited to:
- Examining pumps for malfunctioning to locate damage and wear, noting pump replacement parts
- Striping and survey pumping equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Carrying out low pressure testing of pumps to ensure all parts are functioning correctly
- Providing an update of pump parts required and status of current repairs (including expected time frames) to workshop supervisor
- Following all safety procedures and use proper protective coverings
- Understanding and commitment to adhering to operating in alignment with company values, safety; and quality procedures/policies
- Rebuild pumping equipment in accordance with applicable pump standards
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Trade Certificate III Mechanical Fitter or equivalent
- Experience in engineered pumps
- Work experience or expressed interest in rotating equipment
- Attention to detail
- High level of communication skills
- Good level of time management
- Ability to engage and work with others
- Dedication to working in a safe manner always
Relevant training will be provided where necessary and the successful candidate must comply with all Health & Safety regulations within the workshop. Candidates should ideally hold a full clean driving licence.
Company Pension Scheme
33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
This is an opportunity to join AxFlow Limited, a friendly company with in excess of 100 UK employees. Part of the AxFlow Group, a division of Axel Johnson Group, which has enjoyed dynamic growth to become the largest positive displacement pump Group Distributor organisation in Europe.