Dock Impounding Pump Repair
Repair of axial flow pump
Vickers 44" A/F vertical axial flow pump.
To remove repair and re-install the pump which suffered from a range of problems including cavitation damage of the propeller, corrosion damage of the rising main and a leaking bottom seal. Vickers pumps are obsolete so spare parts are no longer available.
Work Carried Out:
- The propeller were repaired and reshaped.
- Sleeves fitted to pump housing to maintain orginal clearances.
- Gland packing was replaced with mechanical seals.
- Pump shaft repaired and Belzona coated.
- Pump shaft cut below impeller and a cutless bearing with support plate was installed instead.
- New bellhousing in GRP was manufactured and fitted.