What makes a AODD pump Hygienic?
Hygienic AODD pumps are positive displacement pumps that are specifically designed for use in hygienic and hygienic applications, such as in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries. These pumps are made from materials that are resistant to corrosion and are easy to clean, such as stainless steel and other FDA-approved materials. Hygienic AODD pumps are designed to handle a variety of fluids, including liquids with high viscosity, solids, and abrasive materials.
AODD pumps work by using compressed air to move the diaphragm back and forth, they have two chambers, each with its own diaphragm. As the compressed air enters one chamber, it forces the diaphragm to move forward, which pushes the fluid out of that chamber and into the outlet. At the same time, the other diaphragm is being pulled back by the suction created in the other chamber, which allows fluid to enter that chamber through the inlet valve. Then, as the compressed air switches to the second chamber, the process is repeated in the opposite direction.
Hygienic AODD pumps are designed with a number of features that make them ideal for use in hygienic and hygienic applications. For example, they have a fully contained fluid path that prevents contamination of the fluid being pumped, and they can be easily disassembled and cleaned. They also have no exposed metal parts, which eliminates the risk of corrosion and contamination. Additionally, their smooth and gentle pumping action minimizes shear and turbulence, which can damage delicate fluids and particles.
Features and advantages of hygienic AODD pumps
Hygienic AODD pumps offer several features and advantages over traditional pumps in hygienic and hygienic applications. Here are some of the technical features and advantages:
- Self-Priming: Hygienic AODD pumps are self-priming, which means they can draw fluid from a tank or container without the need for external priming.
- No Seals: These pumps have no dynamic seals, which eliminates the risk of leakage and contamination. This feature is particularly important in applications where the product must be protected from contamination, such as in the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Non-Shear: Hygienic AODD pumps are gentle on the product, as they do not create any shear forces. This feature is especially important in applications where the product is delicate or shear-sensitive, such as in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
- Reversible: These pumps are reversible, which means they can be used for both suction and discharge. This feature allows for greater flexibility in the process.
- Dry Running: Hygienic AODD pumps can operate without fluid, which makes them ideal for applications where dry running is a concern.
- Easy Maintenance: These pumps have a simple design and are easy to maintain. They can be disassembled and cleaned quickly, which reduces downtime and increases productivity.
- Corrosion Resistance: Hygienic AODD pumps are made from materials that are resistant to corrosion and chemical attack. This feature makes them suitable for use in harsh environments.
- Versatility: Hygienic AODD pumps can handle a wide range of fluids, including viscous and abrasive fluids. They can also handle solids and slurry, which makes them suitable for a variety of applications.
Industries and applications that uses hygienic AODD pumps
Hygienic AODD pumps are highly versatile and are used in a variety of industries and applications. The food and beverage industry widely uses these pumps to transfer various food and beverage products that may contain solids, shear-sensitive products, or be highly viscous. In the pharmaceutical industry, these pumps are used to transfer syrups, suspensions, and emulsions while maintaining a sterile environment to prevent contamination. Hygienic AODD pumps are also used in the cosmetic and personal care industry to transfer shear-sensitive products such as lotions, creams, shampoos, and gels. These pumps are highly efficient and ensure that product quality is maintained during transfer.
Moreover, these pumps are also useful in the chemical industry for transferring highly corrosive and abrasive fluids such as acids, alkalis, and solvents. In the paint and coatings industry, they are used to transfer paints, coatings, and varnishes that may be highly viscous or contain abrasive particles.
One of the key advantages of using hygienic AODD pumps is their reliability and efficiency in transferring a wide range of fluids and semi-liquids in different industries. These pumps are specifically designed to meet stringent hygienic and hygiene requirements, which makes them ideal for applications where product quality and purity are critical. With their exceptional performance and versatile nature, hygienic AODD pumps are a popular choice for various industries and applications.
Important considerations when selecting hygienic AODD pumps
Selecting the right hygienic AODD pump is critical for ensuring efficient and reliable fluid transfer while maintaining the required level of hygiene and sanitation. Some of the important considerations to keep in mind when selecting these pumps include:
- Pump material: The material used to construct the pump is an important consideration. It should be compatible with the fluid being transferred and should also be resistant to corrosion and abrasion.
- Pump design: The design of the pump is another critical factor to consider. The pump should be designed to handle the specific fluid being transferred and should be capable of delivering the required flow rate and pressure.
- Sanitation requirements: Hygienic AODD pumps are designed to meet strict hygiene and sanitation requirements. When selecting a pump, it is important to ensure that it meets the relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Product viscosity: The viscosity of the product being transferred is another important consideration. AODD pumps are well-suited for handling viscous fluids, but the pump size and design should be selected based on the specific viscosity of the product.
- Shear sensitivity: Some fluids, such as certain food and pharmaceutical products, are sensitive to shear. It is important to select a pump that is designed to handle such fluids without causing any damage or degradation.
- Solids handling capability: Some fluids may contain solid particles or suspended solids. It is important to select a pump that can handle such solids without clogging or damaging the pump.
- Maintenance requirements: Maintenance is an important consideration when selecting a pump. It is important to select a pump that is easy to maintain and service, with readily available spare parts and service support.
Overall, selecting the right hygienic AODD pump requires careful consideration of the specific fluid being transferred, the industry standards and regulations, and the operating conditions. By keeping these important considerations in mind, one can ensure that the selected pump provides reliable and efficient fluid transfer while maintaining the required level of hygiene and sanitation.
Why buy hygienic AODD pumps from AxFlow?
AxFlow provides hygienic AODD pumps that cater to an extensive variety of industries and applications. Exclusive to AxFlow, you will be provided with personalized recommendations from highly experienced process engineers, and access to the most prominent process technology manufacturers that are independent of the manufacturer. If you require assistance in selecting the appropriate pumps that satisfy your requirements, feel free to contact AxFlow without any delay. AxFlows engineers and specialists can help with the selection process, specifications, installation, and maintenance of your fluid handling equipment.