Technical Support Engineer (External)
JOB TITLE: Technical Support Engineer (External)
LOCATION: South of England and Wales
REPORTS TO: Technical Support Manager
- Responsibility for selling projects/service/technical products of the company.
- Responsibility for implementing projects/service/technical products of the company.
- Responsibility to support and increase the existing customer base within the region.
- Provide technical support across the AxFlow bases nationally, but predominantly within the South of England.
- Carry out site surveys to support the AxFlow bases nationally, but predominantly within the South of England.
- Work with the Team to provide cost estimates for equipment & labour, and where necessary prepare presentations and quotations
- To offer hands-on technical support during customer shutdowns.
- To be able to demonstrate combined technical knowledge with good interpersonal skills in order to understand customer and internal requirements and offer technical solutions.
- Produce quotations for project-based works.
- Obtain profitable orders for Project based works and general works within the defined market sectors (Power, Water, Utilities, Land Drainage, Ports, Quarries, Poultry Processing).
- Survey your whole customer list and develop ‘action accounts’ and business plans for growth.
- Manage your sales accounts to maximise opportunities to grow the AxFlow business
- Identify large potential new accounts as ’target accounts’ and carry out sales activity supported by AxFlow publicity and marketing.
- To have sufficient confidence when making technical sales presentations.
- To keep updating their records of visits/activities, using the latest company systems.
- Continued Market Research regarding all aspects of company business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NECCESSARY: -
- Experience in mechanical engineering, some knowledge of electrical engineering would be an advantage.
- Broad Technical understanding of Engineering
- Practical ability to install/fault find/service equipment.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent time keeping and planning ability.
- Able to communicate and build relationships professionally at all levels.
- An aptitude for selling.
- To be competent in making appointments.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- To be a team player
- Ownership and responsibility
- Energetic, committed, enthusiastic, hands on approach
- Reliable and flexible
- Ability to plan, organise & meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy & Attention to detail