AxFlow specialise in hygienic twin screw pumps for the food and berage sector.
Advantages of screw pumps
- A simple design makes it heavy duty with minimal wear.
- Twin screw pumps can run in either direction allowing them to deliver a bi-directional flow.
- Smooth handling, operating a range of flows and pressures.
- Versatility with ability to pump at a range of flow rates, pressures, liquid types and viscosities
- Self-priming characteristics
- High tolerance for entrained gases or air.#
- Eliminate slip pulsations in low viscous, high pressure applications
- Low NPSH requirement when emptying tanksWide range of flow capabilities (run speeds up to 3500 RPM)
Typical applications for screw pumps
Twin screw pumps are most suitable for hyienic aplications that would benefit from a pump that can handle fluids with different viscosities. The most common of such appliactions is where the pump is required to pump the product and also CIP fluids. This application is very common in confectionary production settings.
Most multiple-screw pump designs are self-priming and are able to effectively work with low suction pressure. They also tend to be gas tolerant and are able to handle free and entrained gases without vapor locking. Low internal fluid velocity and the gentle meshing of the rotors also contribute to low shear rates, which is especially important for sheer-sensitive emulsions.
Twin screw pumps are also fantastic for Product & CIP pumping applications.
WHY BUY SCREW PUMPS FROM AXFLOW
The Waukesha Universal TS range is a new and innovative positive displacement twin screw pump for hygienic applications. This precision pump offers a gentle flow and the ability to pump both product and CIP therefore reducing overall process costs considerably.