Advantages of progressive cavity pumps
- The large continuous cavities allow suspended solids to be handled with ease. The gentle pumping action also ensures delicate solids aren’t damaged in the process.
- Low running speeds- make it ideal for abrasive applications.
- High pressure pumps- eliminated the need for multiple pumps, when pumping with high head requirements or over long distances.
- Progressive Cavity pumps tend to also be self-priming
- Tend to not vapor lock
Typical applications for Progressive Cavity pumps
Progressive cavity pumps tend to be utilised in order to pump fluids that cannot typically be handled by other industrial pumps, making them great for:
- Pumping, dosing, and metering chemicals
- Pumping materials that contain abrasive particles
- Pumping heavy or viscous fluids
- Pumping shear-sensitive materials
- Pumping fluids in applications that require varied flow rates
WHY BUY PROGRESSIVE CAVITY PUMPS FROM AXFLOW
AxFlow UK represents Mono progressive cavity pumps that have over 70 years experience.The progressive cavity pump principle is ideal for handling liquids that can be slurries, viscous, shear sensitive, 2 or 3 phase mixtures or when applications require, significant suction lift capabilities. The heart of the Progressive Cavity pump is the rotor and stator. As the single helix rotor revolves eccentrically within the double helix of the stator, a continuous cavity is formed and progresses towards the discharge end of the pump as the rotor rotates.