High Pressure Piston & Plunger pumps from AxFlow UK
Piston and Plunger Pumps
1 series from 1 manufacturers
- Distinctive features
Advantages of piston & plunger pumps
- The range of pressure is wide
- Force can be managed without moving flow rate.
- The rate of flow and Pressure changes has a small outcome on the act.
- Skilled in moving of thick fluids, slurries, as well as abrasives with good control device design.
Typical applications for piston & plunger pumps
- Chemical Injection
- Odour Control
- Drill cutting injection
- Water cutting
- Gas Dehydration
- Jetting / cleaning / Washdown
WHY BUY PISTON AND PLUNGER PUMPS FROM AXFLOW
A Plunger pump has a reciprocating plunger. This Plunger is connected to cross head, which in turn connects to a crank shaft which provides the reciprocating action. As the Plunger stokes back, the fluid is pulled into the cylinder through an inlet check valve. As the plunger reciprocates to its forward stroke, the inlet valve closed and the liquid is forced out of the discharge check valve. The Plunger reciprocates inside a stuffing box, which is typically fitted with rings of packing to seal plunger. A Piston differs from a Plunger, as the packings or seal if fitted to the piston and reciprocates with it inside a sleeve/cup. This Piston and Plunger pumps provide a pumping solution which lends itself to typically low flow, high pressure applications.