The demand for boosting water pressure is growing considerably in the UK in recent years, due to mains water reducing pressure to combat leaks, increasing numbers of taller buildings; more condensed living; unequal pressure on site and an increasing demand for high water pressure during industrial processing. With this demand so has the engineered sophistication of the pump solutions being supplied to meet the varied requirements for these units.
AxFlow UK Ltd has over 50 years of experience in selling and designing cold water booster pumps and systems. We can provide pump sets for a wide range of services from the small domestic property up to the largest commercial applications such as hospitals, hotels and factories. From single pump fixed speed to multiple pump variable speed sets. Our technical sales department will size booster sets based upon building type & diversity with advice on the best operation & storage to suit the duty. Once the booster set has been sized we can offer an installation and commissioning service via our service department (link to service page)
Why do you need a booster set?
Low or intermittent water pressure is an issue for thousands of people all over the country. Water pressure determines the flow of water from the tap. Low pressure can reduce water flow to a trickle. Some modern heating appliances and showers will not work below certain pressure levels.
Typical causes of low water pressure
- When demand for water is high (such as in the morning or early evenings) pressure can be lower than during the rest of the day.
- During dry spells when people use hosepipes or sprinklers to water their gardens.
- Inadequate pumping facilities.
- Water mains that are too small.
- Reduced pressure from the water main as a result of leakage, equipment failures or blocked service pipes.