Neoprene is a general-purpose rubber. Neoprene pumps have a good resistance to chemicals, water, heat, flames and more resistance to against water, solvents and heat compared to other rubbers. It has high tensile strength making it good in industrial settings and other environments where there is lots of movement. Neoprene is also good against weather and sunlight thus, increasing its lifetime as it doesn’t need replacing too often.
- Very heat resistant, even at high temperatures it will not degrade- making it an excellent choice for long tern use in high temperature applications.
- Neoprene is also cold resistant.
- It’s resistant to outdoor conditions as it has low oxidation rates, as well as high sun and ozone resistance so it’s suitable for long-term outdoor applications.
- It’s highly chemical resistant to a wide range of materials.
- Works well with other materials.